There are two different ways of sound conduction:
- Air conduction
- Bone conduction
Air conduction is the usual and traditional way of sound conduction. Sound waves present in the air enter the outer ear then middle ear and then inner ear. From the inner ear sound waves travels to cochlea and then reaches the brain finally. Through Air conduction sound waves are only heard by completely normal hearing people.
Bone conduction allows you to hear sound in the form of vibration through your jaw bones or cheek bones. Sound waves bypass outer and middle ear and reach inner ear directly. Bone conduction technology can be used by both, completely normal hearing people and people with hearing impairments.
The best factor of this technology is that it does not involve your ears so you’re free to hear the surrounding noises. Even if you’re listening music, you can still be the part of your nearby happenings.
Bone conduction headphones are the supreme source of safer, risk-free and secured music. You can use sweat proof bone conduction headphone to enjoy your favorite audio streams while jogging, running and work out. Moreover, water proof bone conduction headphone allows you to get pleasure under water as well.
They are bit more expensive than regular headphones but they are worth spending for. Some of the best bone conduction headphones are:
- G1 Bone
It is a Chinese generic brand very much alike oannao headphones, its performance is almost the same as oannao but the design is somewhat different. JUHALL headphone box provides you, micro USB charging cable, one elastic strap for the neckband (you can use It if your head is too small), instruction manual, and 18-month warranty. It is available in three colors:
- There’s a neckband that goes around your head and then over your ears, its outer side is glossy and sparkling.
- They are light weight and easy to wear.
- If your head is too small then you can use elastic strap to make it more steady and firm.
- There are four control buttons; play/pause button, call button and two volumes buttons. In addition, there are also track management buttons.
- It uses Bluetooth 4.2 and the Bluetooth range is about 30ft.
- It has multi point pairing; you can connect it with two Bluetooth enables devices at the same time.
- Battery life is about 6 hours and charging takes up to 2 hours.
- Whenever bass heavy music is played, strong vibrations are being felt which are quite uncomfortable.
- Leakage of great amount of sound.
- The person you’re communicating with will hear an echo all the time.
You should always protect your eyes from blinding UV rays of the sun. These polarized sunglasses provides shield to your eyes and helps clear your vision in scorching sunlight. Moreover they provide good quality, safer audio via bone.
- It removes glare and helps protect the eyes.
- You can answer and take calls easily.
- There are different buttons for playing, pausing, forwarding and rewinding music.
- They are affordable and protect your eyes and ears both.
- The lights turn off after few hours.
Quality of sound is not as good as regular headphones.